Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Assignments

So, I've introduced it, but I have to teach something for a week that I just learned about myself?  And it has to involve multi-media!!!!  So, what do I do?  I guess I'll make them do what I did...

Day 1:
Directions:   Students will engage in a Webquest.  They will search out the answers to the following questions either alone or with a partner.  If the student chooses to have a partner, he or she must stay with that partner for the remainder of the unit.  Email me (my e-mail is in the syllabus) the answers to your search to be graded.

Questions
   1)      What is the full classification of Genus Pepsis and common names? (S7L1.a and S7L1.b)
   2)      Where do Genus Pepsis live (in what type of ecosystem do they exist)?  What other things would you find in their environment? (S7L4.e)
   3)      How do Genus Pepsis reproduce and live out their lives?  How long do they live? (S7L4.d)
   4)      What do Genus Pepsis look like?
   5)      What are some interesting facts about Genus Pepsis?
6)   Find something in the family Hymenoptera, and compare its life and habitat to the Genus    Pepsis.

Day 2:
Directions:  Using a collage builder (I suggest http://www.collage.com/), students will be required to make a collage of the Genus Pepsis habitat.  Students will use the Internet to find pictures of the Genus Pepsis habitat.  They will find pictures of places that they live, along with plants and animals that they may come in contact with.  Make sure to tell what is in each picture (there is a text button to add this).  Save the collage to your H Drive and e-mail it to me.  (My e-mail address is in the syllabus.)

Day 3:
Directions:  Students will spend the class period coming up with creative, realistic posts that they would put on Twitter (but will actually be put in a blog) of what a Genus Pepsis may be doing.  Posts should be based off the research done over how they live their lives.  For full credit, students must comment on posts of their peers.

Day 4:
Directions:  Formative Assessment:  Students will be given a description of Genus Pepsis on a blog.  They must find the errors and comment below the description.

Students will then “draw” Genus Pepsis using any online drawing tool.  (I suggest http://mudcu.be/sketchpad/.)  Make sure that your work can be saved and e-mailed to me.  (My e-mail address is on the syllabus.)  Students will also use the drawing to diagram the parts of Genus Pepsis.

Well, that's it!  But now, I bet you're thinking that there are five days in a week.  Well, day five for this unit will be my summative evaluation of this unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment