Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Research Question

Now that I have my initial set of questions, I need to make sure my students can get it!  But where do I start with them?  I guess I'll start them off where I started.  I must first give them a research topic in order to get them started.


Research Question

What are the intricacies in the life of Genus Pepsis?


Well, that's a little broad, and if I'm trying to reach 7th graders, I should probably cut this stuff down 
to size for them.  Therefore, I created a group of sub-questions that I also aligned with the standards that will be addressed in each question.

Sub Questions Used for WebQuest
   1)      What is the full classification of Genus Pepsis and common names? (S7L1.a and S7L1.b)
   2)      Where do Genus Pepsis live (in what type of ecosystem do they exist)?  What other things would      you find in their environment? (S7L4.e)
   3)      How do Genus Pepsis reproduce and live out their lives?  How long do they live? (S7L4.d)    
   4)      What do Genus Pepsis look like?
   5)      What are some interesting facts about the Genus Pepsis?

    *Question number 4 is a fundamental question for identification purposes, and question number 5 is to make the assignment more appealing to the students.



No comments:

Post a Comment