Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Introduction to Genus Pepsis

Now I need to figure out how to introduce this topic to my students.  Maybe I should start off with

Hi!  My name is... nah, that won't work.  They already know my name.  Maybe if I start off with "My name is Genus Pepsis."  But that might confuse some of the students.  Maybe I should try this...

Introduction:

To get students familiar with the next lesson, students will discuss what a classification is.  They will recall (activate prior knowledge) the different types of kingdoms, phylums, classes, orders, genii, and species that we have discussed in the past unit.  I will have them race to find the classification of a bald eagle.  In doing this, they will be prepared for the upcoming task before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment