Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Grand Finale!

After racking my brain for weeks trying to figure out how I would complete this task, I realized that my job was to be the student for a few minutes.  I had to learn something that I had no clue about what it is.  I figured out that by finding my own information, I became hyper-aware of what I was learning.  Even though I'm not interested in entomology, I could probably tell people so much about a tarantula hawk/wasp.

I chose to present the information to my students in this format, because students have become accustomed to looking up information for themselves.  (Who sings that song?  I don't know, so I will just google it.)  As teachers, we have become so ingrained in doing a stand and deliver platform that we don't realize that most of our students are zoned out due to boredom.

I don't believe that there is a set way to introduce or teach information.  Each teacher has his and her own way of delivering the material.  I consider myself a chameleon when it comes to teaching.  I'm constantly having to change with the times.  When I first started teaching, PowerPoint was the big craze, now we have smart boards, and clickers, and computers in every classroom for the students to use.  I feel, as a teacher, it is my job to let students use all of these nifty gadgets.  I don't think technology is supposed to make my job harder.  In the long run, it should make my job easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment